Monday, October 13, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover - The Dinner Club Edition

So, it was our turn to host our first dinner club for the Champlin "Not-So-Gourmet" Dinner Club on September 27th. Not wanting to be embarassed by my house, I decided this would be a good time to paint the whole upstairs, put tile in the entry way and pretty much redo the whole house! Well, we didn't get everything on the list done, but we did get some much needed painting done and I was pleased with the results. I got a little carried away with the tablescape and the house though. Dinner was about one hour late! I had lists for everything but I didn't have a timeline for the food preparation! Lesson learned! Everyone said they were fine drinking white sangria, eating appetizers and chatting while Bill and I did the cooking. When we sat down for the main course I was able to take a breath. We had such a wonderful time and I have a much heightened appreciation of the work that goes into hosting Dinner Club! I think I'll start preparing for my next turn now!

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Vicki- Oh My Gosh!! Gorgeous!! I wish I was close enough to be a part - the table decor alone would be worth it!!

Kyle B said...

wow.... this looks WONDERFUL Vicki! I agree, your table is beautiful! Wish I was there..

Anonymous said...

Hey old roomie..... glad i found you..... how are you? hugs-lilia meredith

Unknown said...

I stumbled across your blog while blog browsing and your table is BEAUTIFUL! I just love it and had to say great job!